Attics and wild animals do not go over well together and will normally lead to wildlife removal and attic restoration. It is always important to consider some level of bio hazard clean up where animals, bats and birds have occupied an attic and having the contamination removed in remote areas or the entire attic.
The purpose of an attic restoration is to revive and replace damage caused by an invasion of bats, birds, raccoons, squirrels and other vermin. When a raccoon, opossum, squirrel, bird or bat take up residence in an attic, they don't come alone, they also bring parasites and insects with them. Getting your attic back to a healthy state involves getting rid of everything brought in with your unwanted attic guests, and performing an attic restoration.
The attic if left unrestored can become a dangerous breeding ground for various wildlife diseases that eventually can affect the health and the welfare of every member of your home via airborne hazards of diseases such as raccoon roundworm and histomplasmosis.
Many invasions affect the wiring which often become chewed by members of the rodent family. The result is bare wires. Eventually, if the issue is not addressed with proper attic restoration, heating and cooling ducts often become destroyed or filled with feces and / or can circulate these contaminants throughout your home.
Now here is the basic concept of a complete attic restoration, step-by-step!!
- Exclusion- First and foremost, a wildlife specialist performs a complete Exclusive Wildlife Inspection Report® to guarantee no other vermin can re-enter and destroy the attic again.
- Clean Up- Removal of contaminants from dead animals, their feces and getting all the old soiled and matted insulation out and disposed of properly.
- Insect Treatment- Treat for any insect infestation which is common with most vermin.
- Disinfect/Deodorize- Disinfect and deodorize the attic before any new insulation is added to the attic.
- Reinstall Insulation- Reinstalling the insulation back to its original R rating or better. Having quality insulation will save you an unbelievable amount of money on your energy bills.
Allow us to check your home for proper ventilation.
Proper ventilation prevents heat build-up, keeping your attic cooler in the summer and removing damaging moist air from your attic in the winter. It directly correlates to the performance of your insulation and can result in reduced energy consumption throughout the year, as well as damage prevention and added comfort for all seasons.
To ensure proper ventilation, we'll restore your attic by removing contaminated insulation and installing new, higher quality insulation in its place. Our insulation outperforms traditional insulation in nearly every category. We also incorporate a borate-based pest control product into the insulation, which helps control attic pests such as ants, termites and cockroaches.
Our insulation can also help control your energy costs by eliminating air infiltration, sound transmission and controlling heat loss/gain.